(makes 1 litre)
2 cups milk
4 heaped Tabespoons Daydream Black Tea
1 tablespoon cocoa (optional)
1 cup sugar
a pinch of salt
4 egg yolks
2 tsp cornstarch
2 cups cream
- Heat milk in a saucepan on a stove, when the milk is becoming warm, add tea leaves and cocoa.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stir often. Turn off heat, cover and let the milk mixture sit for another 10 minutes.
- Strain into clean saucepan.
- Beat sugar and egg yolks together. Put the milk mixture back on low heat, pour in egg mixture. Cook until mixture thickens.
- Use about 1 tbsp cream to dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl, then pour it into the egg mixture. Stir well. When the mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon, then turn off heat.
- Add cream and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Pour into small cups or bowls and put in the freezer until frozen.