A delicious, creamy dessert made with Green Matcha tea.
250ml Full cream milk
2 tablespoon Sugar
5 egg yolks
4 teaspoons Green Matcha Tea powder
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Mix the cream and milk in a pan, add the sugar and slowly warm.
- Slowly add teaspoonfuls of green tea matcha powder until a soft avocado colour is achieved. keep the heat on the milk/cream while you add the powder – but do not boil.
- Beat the egg yolks and then add to the warmed mixture. Pour into small ramakin dishes – this quantity made 10 small dishes – but you could pour into one souffle dish.
- Place dishes in a tray with enough hot water to come half way up their sides.
- If you place a square of baking paper gently over the top of the dish/ramakins it will help prevent browning.
- Bake at approximately 150 degrees for 45mins, then turn heat down to complete baking.
- Let cool before serving.
Buy tea for this recipe